Skilvul is a social enterprise with a mission to build accessible tech education for everyone.
Currently, we provide intensive coding bootcamp, corporate training, and part-time courses for on-demand digital skills. At Skilvul, we treat each other with respect and communicate with empathy. We support each other even though it is not part of our job description.
We try to create a working culture where everyone is responsible for their own time. We require you to work efficiently and spend time wisely. We hope that nobody is working late here. We do not want to boss you around. In fact, you will be able to speak freely to anyone, including the top executives, about anything. We treat each others’ time as valuable and ask kindly for each other’s attention and help despite our positions.
We expect you to prioritize and fulfill your responsibilities, but you are also welcome to pursue your hobbies, spend time with your family, hang out with friends, and do other stuff that you are passionate about. We hope that you can have a more meaningful and purposeful life by working at Skilvul.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Data Scientist and AI Engineer to be a Mentor for our AI & Cybersecurity Bootcamp Program (Kampus Merdeka). You will be working directly with the Technical Lead and Instructor to be a group mentor for our students. You must give live video mentoring via Zoom and chat via Slack/Discord to help our students become job-ready AI Engineers/AI Developers, especially in Generative AI. You can work from anywhere as long as you have a steady internet connection.
This is a paid, remote, part-time position (20 hours per week, Monday - Friday) for 4 months from 12 March - 21 June 2024. Your scopes will include (but are not limited to):
What you'll do
- Giving live video mentoring via Zoom and chat via Slack/Discord for a group of students
- Collaborate with Technical Lead and Instructor to make sure learning outcomes are achieved
- Becoming a facilitator for students in group mentoring or one-on-one session
- Providing guidance, advice, feedback, and support to students in following the program
- Facilitating students while they are doing their work assignments and final project
- Have a strong desire to assist students from Senior High School, Vocational Students, College Students, Fresh Graduates, and already have a job from diverse backgrounds in developing digital products
What you'll need
- Min. 2 years of experience as a Professional in Data Science/Data Engineering/AI Development/Machine Learning/Generative AI
- Have domain expertise in Spreadsheet, SQL, EDA, Data Storytelling, Data Visualization and Analysis
- Proven experience in Data Science and AI, with a strong emphasis on machine learning and generative AI.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or R, with a focus on AI libraries and frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- In-depth understanding of statistical analysis, mathematics, and advanced machine learning concepts.
- Experience with generative AI models and techniques for creative applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in mentoring or teaching data science and AI concepts is highly desirable.
- Strong initiative and ownership
- Problem solver and customer-centered
What will make you stand out
- Major in Computer Science / Engineering / Business
- Professional experience building various AI/Machine Learning applications
- Having previous experience in teaching or mentoring
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format
- A strong written & spoken English
- Good public speaking skills