Skilvul is a social enterprise with a mission to build accessible tech education for everyone.
Currently, we provide intensive coding bootcamp, corporate training, and part-time courses for on-demand digital skills. At Skilvul, we treat each other with respect and communicate with empathy. We support each other even though it is not part of our job description.
We try to create a working culture where everyone is responsible for their own time. We require you to work efficiently and spend time wisely. We hope that nobody is working late here. We do not want to boss you around. In fact, you will be able to speak freely to anyone, including the top executives, about anything. We treat each others’ time as valuable and ask kindly for each other’s attention and help despite our positions.
We expect you to prioritize and fulfill your responsibilities, but you are also welcome to pursue your hobbies, spend time with your family, hang out with friends, and do other stuff that you are passionate about. We hope that you can have a more meaningful and purposeful life by working at Skilvul.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Cyber Security and/or instructor to be a Mentor for our Cyber Security Bootcamp Program (Kampus Merdeka). You will be working directly with the Head of Learning, Head of Learning Strategy, Mentor, and Project Manager to help our students become job-ready Cyber Security. You can work from anywhere as long as you have a steady internet connection.
This is a paid, remote, part-time position (20 hours per week, Monday - Saturday) for 6 months (Jan - June 2024). Your scopes will include (but are not limited to):
What you'll do
- Giving live video mentoring via Zoom and chat via Slack/Discord for a group of students
- Collaborate with the Technical Lead and Instructor to make sure learning outcomes are achieved
- Becoming a facilitator for students in the mentoring or 1on1 session
- Providing guidance, advice, feedback, and support to students in following the program
- Facilitating students while they are doing their work assignments and final project
- Have a strong desire to assist students from Senior High School, Vocational Students, College Students, and Fresh Graduates, and already have a job from diverse backgrounds in developing digital products
What you'll need
- You should have at least 2 years of experience in Cyber Security as well as a strong portfolio of related projects
- Knowledge of and experience working with network data, logs, and other types of attack artifacts
- Comfort working with antivirus and security software
- Strong initiative and ownership
- Problem solver and customer-centered
What will make you stand out
- Having previous experience in teaching or mentoring
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format
- A strong written & spoken English
- Good public speaking skills