Skilvul is a social enterprise with a mission to build accessible tech education for everyone.
Currently, we provide intensive coding bootcamp, corporate training, and part-time courses for on-demand digital skills. At Skilvul, we treat each other with respect and communicate with empathy. We support each other even though it is not part of our job description.
We try to create a working culture where everyone is responsible for their own time. We require you to work efficiently and spend time wisely. We hope that nobody is working late here. We do not want to boss you around. In fact, you will be able to speak freely to anyone, including the top executives, about anything. We treat each others’ time as valuable and ask kindly for each other’s attention and help despite our positions.
We expect you to prioritize and fulfill your responsibilities, but you are also welcome to pursue your hobbies, spend time with your family, hang out with friends, and do other stuff that you are passionate about. We hope that you can have a more meaningful and purposeful life by working at Skilvul.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist and AI Engineer to be a Part-Time Technical Lead and Instructor for our Samsung Innovation Campus AI & IoT Bootcamp Program Batch 5. You will collaborate directly with our Head of Learning, Mentor, and Project Manager to assist our students in developing AI applications using the IoT Kit (ESP32). You can work from anywhere as long as you have a steady internet connection.
This is a paid, remote, part-time position (20 hours per week, Monday - Saturday) for 6 Months from 19 February 2024 - 19 August 2024.
What you'll do
- Lead and improve the completion rate (attendance and competency) and placement rate (employment) of Samsung Innovation Campus AI & IoT Bootcamp Program
- Lead the learning journey of Samsung Innovation Campus AI & IoT Bootcamp Program
- Lead and manage all mentors
- Prepare learning materials (slides, articles, or/and videos)
- Teach in online classes (live learning session and AMA session)
- Providing guidance, advice, feedback, and support to students in following the program
- Break down technical concepts into digestible exercises.
- Collaborate with our Head of Learning, Project Teams, and Mentor to make sure learning outcomes are achieved
What you'll need
- Min. 3 years of experience as a Professional in Data Science/Data Engineering/AI Development/Machine Learning/Generative AI
- Have domain expertise in Spreadsheet, SQL, EDA, Data Storytelling, Data Visualization and Analysis
- Proven experience in Data Science and AI, with a strong emphasis on machine learning and generative AI.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or R, with a focus on AI libraries and frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- In-depth understanding of statistical analysis, mathematics, and advanced machine learning concepts.
- Experience with generative AI models and techniques for creative applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in mentoring or teaching data science and AI concepts is highly desirable.
- Strong initiative and ownership
- Problem solver and customer-centered
What will make you stand out
- Major in Computer Science / Engineering / Business
- Professional experience building various AI/Machine Learning applications
- Having previous experience in teaching or mentoring
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format
- A strong written & spoken English
- Good public speaking skills